Table of Contents
- Nerja Como Llegar: A Comprehensive Guide to Getting to Nerja
- By Air
- By Train
- By Bus
- By Car
- 1. How far is Nerja from Malaga Airport?
- 2. How long does it take to drive from Malaga to Nerja?
- 3. Are there direct buses from Malaga Airport to Nerja?
- 4. Can I rent a car in Nerja?
- 5. Are there parking facilities in Nerja?
Nerja, a picturesque coastal town located in the province of Malaga, Spain, is a popular destination for tourists seeking sun, sea, and sand. With its stunning beaches, charming old town, and proximity to the stunning Sierra de Almijara mountains, it’s no wonder that Nerja attracts visitors from all over the world. If you’re planning a trip to this beautiful town, you may be wondering about the best ways to get there. In this article, we will explore the various transportation options available to reach Nerja, including by air, train, bus, and car.
If you’re traveling from abroad, flying to Nerja is the most convenient option. The nearest airport to Nerja is Malaga Airport, also known as Pablo Picasso Airport, which is approximately 70 kilometers away. Malaga Airport is well-connected to major cities in Europe and beyond, making it easy to find flights from your location.
Once you arrive at Malaga Airport, you have several options to reach Nerja:
- Taxi: Taxis are readily available outside the airport terminal. The journey from Malaga Airport to Nerja takes around 45 minutes and costs approximately 70-80 euros.
- Private Transfer: Pre-booking a private transfer is a convenient option, especially if you’re traveling with a group or have a lot of luggage. Many companies offer private transfers from Malaga Airport to Nerja at competitive prices.
- Car Rental: If you prefer the freedom of having your own vehicle, you can rent a car at Malaga Airport. Several car rental companies have desks at the airport, and the drive to Nerja takes around 50 minutes via the A-7 motorway.
- Public Transportation: Although not the most direct option, it is possible to reach Nerja from Malaga Airport using public transportation. You can take a train or bus from the airport to Malaga city center and then transfer to a bus that goes to Nerja. This option is more time-consuming and may not be suitable if you have a lot of luggage.
While Nerja does not have its own train station, you can still reach the town by train. The nearest train station to Nerja is Malaga Maria Zambrano Station, located in Malaga city center. From there, you can take a bus or taxi to Nerja.
Malaga Maria Zambrano Station is well-connected to major cities in Spain, including Madrid, Barcelona, and Seville. Renfe, the national train operator, offers comfortable and reliable services, making train travel a convenient option for those exploring Spain before or after their visit to Nerja.
Traveling to Nerja by bus is a popular choice for both domestic and international visitors. The town has a central bus station, Estación de Autobuses de Nerja, which is conveniently located near the town center.
There are several bus companies that operate routes to and from Nerja, including Alsa, Avanza, and ALSINA GRAELLS. These companies offer regular services to and from major cities in Spain, such as Malaga, Granada, Seville, and Madrid.
If you’re traveling from Malaga, the journey to Nerja takes approximately one hour by bus. The buses are comfortable and equipped with air conditioning, making the journey pleasant even during the summer months.
If you prefer the flexibility and convenience of driving, reaching Nerja by car is a great option. The town is well-connected to the major road networks, making it easily accessible from various locations.
If you’re driving from Malaga, you can take the A-7 motorway towards Almeria and then follow the signs to Nerja. The journey takes around 50 minutes, depending on traffic conditions.
It’s worth noting that parking in Nerja can be challenging, especially during the peak tourist season. However, there are several public parking lots available in the town, including underground parking near the Balcon de Europa, which is the heart of Nerja’s old town.
Getting to Nerja is relatively easy, thanks to its convenient location and well-connected transportation options. Whether you choose to fly, take a train, hop on a bus, or drive, you’ll find a suitable option to reach this beautiful coastal town.
Here are the key takeaways:
- Flying to Malaga Airport is the most convenient option for international travelers.
- Taxis, private transfers, car rentals, and public transportation are available from Malaga Airport to Nerja.
- Malaga Maria Zambrano Station is the nearest train station to Nerja.
- Buses offer regular services to and from Nerja, connecting the town to major cities in Spain.
- Driving to Nerja is a convenient option, with well-connected road networks.
Now that you know how to get to Nerja, you can start planning your trip to this charming coastal town. Whether you’re looking to relax on the beach, explore the historic old town, or embark on outdoor adventures in the nearby mountains, Nerja has something for everyone.
1. How far is Nerja from Malaga Airport?
Nerja is approximately 70 kilometers away from Malaga Airport.
2. How long does it take to drive from Malaga to Nerja?
The drive from Malaga to Nerja takes around 50 minutes via the A-7 motorway.
3. Are there direct buses from Malaga Airport to Nerja?
No, there are no direct buses from Malaga Airport to Nerja. However, you can take a bus or train from the airport to Malaga city center and then transfer to a bus that goes to Nerja.
4. Can I rent a car in Nerja?
Yes, there are several car rental companies in Nerja where you can rent a car for your stay.
5. Are there parking facilities in Nerja?
Yes, there are public parking lots available in Nerja, including underground parking near the Balcon de Europa.